Abisko Mountain Station, Lapland, Sweden
September 22nd – 25th, 2011
– Learn the skills to prevent medical problems, reduce suffering and save lives in non-traditional medical settings
– Earn your Advanced Wilderness Life Support certification
– Learn the latest practical hands-on wilderness medicine skills for patient assessment, treatment and evacuation protocols
– Practice your skills in live scenarios with our expert instructors
– Obtain up to 17.5 hours of category 1 CME*
– Receive Wilderness Medical Society Fellowship credits
- To provide a practical foundation in Wilderness Medicine for medical professionals
- To teach patient assessment and treatment guidelines for life support until definitive care or evacuation is available
- To train the provider in methods for managing medical and traumatic emergencies and urgencies in the wilderness when evacuation is unavailable or unnecessary.
- To teach techniques and guidelines for evacuation.
• Patient assessment
• Trauma, Musculoskeletal injuries, Wound management
• Medical problems
• Avalanche victim physiology
• Animal & insect bites
• Altitude medicine
• Water treatment
• Hyperthermia, hypothermia, frostbite
• Dive medicine
• Medical kits
• Infectious disease
• Head, Ear, Eye, Nose, Throat, Skin
To sign up and for additional inquiries, please write to email@example.com.
On-line registration will also be available in English shortly.
The course fee is 8.900 SEK, including all meals during the course. Accomodation is not included, participants are required to book their own accomodation at Abisko. For details, please see the “Lodging” page.